Saturday, April 21, 2012

Crafting

So . . . before I get started, here's my agenda for the next few blog posts (Mostly for my sake): Post about UI, post about stamina/mana.

And since I said that, I now have to tell you everything I need to get done before development can actually begin: First, I need to get a new hard drive for my laptop, which I'll be making the game on. Then, I need to read the book I ordered on Amazon about game design (It'll be here waay before I get that new hard drive, for sure, so rest assured by the time I have the hard drive I'll be able to start working) up to the point where I can start doing SOMEthing in the way of game making.

Now to what this post is about: The planned crafting system

Well, in the three-ish hours since I posted last, I've rethought this. I don't really want to implement a crafting system in the game, as I would feel obligated to make it with depth, and with so many depthful planned features . . . well, I've got to draw the line somewhere, or it'll become unrealistic.

So, in lieu of a crafting system, there will be a small enchanting system. Mostly, it will be used to upgrade your weapon stats - damage, armor piercing, etc. - but you will also be able to use it to give your weapons and armor special abilities, like making it so that wearing a certain set of gloves will make you fire proof (Nothing THAT boss, though, unfortunately for you) or resistant to ice damage, or so that getting three consecutive hits on someone will set them on fire and put a few DOTs on them.

The only thing somewhat resembling a crafting system that I can see in the game's future is poisoning a weapon, but that doesn't really count, now, does it?

What a terribly short post. Oh, well, they can't all be amazing, can they? Maybe I'll combine the next two posts into one . . . yeah, I'll do that, to make me look sophisticated . . .


Comment, two people who have seen this blog! Comment!

No comments: