Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dungeons

Dungeons . . . gonna be probably the most interesting feature to make in the game.

They will be randomly generated, randomly placed, and temporary. New ones will pop up, old ones will vanish. Each will be unique.

Dungeons will be accessible via portals in the ground. You will be transported to a randomly generated dungeon, of which there will be four levels: Abyssinian Prince dungeons, Abyssinian Lord dungeons, Abyssinian King dungeons, and the extremely rare Abyssinian Overlord dungeons. Each is more difficult than the last, obviously, and each will garner more rewards than the last - obviously.

When you get into the dungeon, your first priority is to find the treasury, where all the cool stuff is. Once you find it, you have to kill the Prince/Lord/King/Overlord to retrieve his key, which you can then use to unlock the treasury. See what I did there? No way of avoiding a big boss fight when you go down to a dungeon.

Why go to a dungeon? There will be armor, abilities, spells, and weapons that are only - ONLY - found in dungeons. And trust me, they'll definitely be worth it.

How big will the dungeons be? That's my biggest question right now. Obviously, the more difficult the dungeon, the bigger and more hostilely-populated it'll be, but how big will they be? . . . I'll have to think on that. Gotta be big enough so it's a challenge, but small enough so you don't get eternally lost in its depths.

Ah, well. The game hasn't even started development - what am I worried about? :D Let's put all the technical details in the hands of FutureMe and worry about the fun stuff - while I still can. Ammarite, other indie developers?

On my agenda while I wait for my book and a new hard drive: Moar posts! Although, I probably won't need to post anything here for a while . . . I've kinda crammed my fist into your throat, dear reader, with my slew of posts in the past few days. I'll just be working on the blog itself, improving even more than the very recent overhaul. But most of you haven't had the misfortune to see my original blog . . . ha hah . . . just laugh, and you'll get an idea of what it looked like.

No comments: