Sunday, April 22, 2012

Global Traffic?

Edit:  Okay, I have no idea what the heck just happened.  This post just suddenly got bumped up to the top.  It's supposed to be with the other two posts about combat . . . No idea what happened there.


Well, that's interesting. Evidently, people from the UK, Australia, Germany, and Croatia have visited this blog . . . neat.


Don't know why I titled it that, since I only wrote two sentences about it. It really should be titled "Magic System."


I am going to make three posts today (Probably), each detailing what I plan on doing with the combat of Pop!. There will be three types of combat: Ranged, melee, and magic. They're diverse, and need no explanation. This one is about what I plan on doing with the magic system.


I want to do a bunch of trees, and that will be my ultimate goal. So here's the outline: There will be many "types" of magic - fire, ice, water, earth, air, mind, illusion, dimensional etc. Actually, that'll probably be it. Right there.


Each magic type will have three trees to it (I hope for them all to be very diverse and with a healthy amout of spells): Attack, defense, and other. Attack spells will, obviously, deal damage and maybe some other side effects - stun, knockout, freeze, snare, etc. - to their target. Some will have to be aimed, some all you'll have to do is tap on the target to select them and then use the spell. Defense spells need no target; it's always you (Although when it comes to multiplayer later on, I'll have to add a new magic category - healing - and make it so that you can give defensive spells to teammates), so all you need to do is use them. "Other" spells will be spells not really related to attack or defense - like traps or hindrances.

Each spell will be able to be indefinitely upgraded - each time you add a point to it, it'll just be boosted x% or something - so that you CAN have your favorite spell from the beginning of the game to the end.

The spell "trees" will be actually more like spell "grids" where, probably for the most part, there won't be any requirements for spells except experience, so you won't have to get a bunch of random spells you'll never use to get to your preferred one.



Again: Viewers from around the globe, I want your comments! Give me your suggestions, criticisms, and even insults! I can take it! :)

No comments: