Friday, April 20, 2012

Technical Specs




Since evidently this blog thing doesn't have titled posts (I'm going to have to look around), I'm going to "title" them as I did this one - a little bit bigger and bolder than the rest of the post.

Edit:  I have completely redone my blog.  Ha haa!  So basically . . . disregard what's above, there are now official titles on everything.

On to the actual post!  :)

Pop will be a voxel-based game with 8-bit style (Key word being style, not 8-bit exactly)  details.  I hope to make it aesthetically pleasing - simple graphics, easy to make, but not painful to look at.

The game will be made for iOS devices, although I plan on making a web version as well (More on why in my next post - it is worthy of a post of its own).  It will be made using Unity and Blender mostly, although I am sure that other programs will be used.

The game, when completed (I plan on releasing a free web open-beta - happy?), will probably cost somewheres along the line of $2.99 - $3.99 (Probably $2.99) on the appstore, but you will be able to buy $0.99 packages that will include things like cosmetics (Clothing etc.), items (Weapons, spellbooks, etc.), abilities/spells (Self-explanatory), and armor, among possibly other things.

Once you buy the game for iOS devices, you can make an account that you can use to play the web version - however, if you don't buy the iOS version (If you don't have an iOS device), you can buy an account online - but beware, because you'll still have to buy the app if you buy an account first.  Mostly because I'm not sure how it could work otherwise.  Maybe you'd get a few free packages?  Not sure.

Hmm . . . that's about all I can think of.  I'll make another post about the web version later today, probably.

No comments: